Single Flash

I had an interesting time with this assignment. I'm glad that I stumbled my way through it in manual flash mode the whole time because now I think that I have a lot better understanding of ratios and distances and angles etc etc. I know working in manual is harder to get right and definitely caused me to miss some shots while I was fumbling around with my camera, but I felt that by the end I had a lot more control over how the flash would affect the composition as a whole.


p.s. don't let your strobe fall out of your bag or you will have to buy a new one.


Direct:

f/11, 1/50, ISO 400


I was experimenting with blending the flash and available light, and I think that it turned out pretty well(aside from the chunk missing out of his arm from the sky overpowering the flash)

Bounce Bounce: f/4, 1/125, ISO200

As soon as I got the whole bounce thing down, I had nowhere to use it. Bouncing off the movie projection screen was easy enough, I just feel like there's something missing in this shot.

0 comments: