Metal and Glass

I had the glass half of this assignment. I think that both Sara and I had good results with this project. It was a good experience to work with another photographer on a shoot and talk through different problems we came across.



In my final setup I had five upside-down pint glasses with martini glasses on top of them, with a different fruit on top of each of them. I had two regular strobes to light the glasses, one behind the table and one below it, bouncing off a white reflector on the ground. I also had two snoots aimed across the top of the fruit in an effort to light the fruit without reflecting off the glassware. I was shooting at ISO 200 at 1/250. I metered the fruit at 11 and the glass from in front and above at 16, so after some bracketing I ended up with an exposure of 1/320 at f/13.

0 comments: