multimedia example

This is a slideshow from washingtonpost.com about 2007 Bridge Day, a Base Jumping event in West Virginia. There are a lot of things that I like and don't like about the piece. I think the music is cheesy and kind of annoying, but I guess it somewhat fits the intensity of the event. The story stays very much on the outside of the event, doesn't ever focus on an individual or an interview, relying mainly on the visuals and sound effects to capture its emotion. I think that this method is different from a lot of the pieces we've seen in class but I think that for a subject like this, where the material isn't overly serious and there is so much action, it's ok to just sit back and say "here is what it is, take it or leave it" without getting into some overly-philosophical storytelling.

Oh and if the player isn't working, the original location is here.

0 comments: